Accepting applications until July 31, 2019.
Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Growth, the Starter Company Plus program is offered through the Richmond Hill Small Business Enterprise Centre to assist you in starting or growing your company.
- Are you looking to start up or scale up a company? Get funded with Starter Company PLUS!
- Successful Applicants get business training, 3 months of mentorship and up to $5,000 in funding.
- To apply, you need a developed business proposition that you can launch immediately.
- Not currently enrolled in full-time education and not planning to return to school fulltime in the next 3 years
- Proposing a new company, expansion of an existing company or buying from another entrepreneur (if existing business: must have been operating less than 3 years)
- 18 years of age or older
- Not full time employed
- A Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Prepare to commit to a minimum average of 35 hours a week to run your business
- Prepare to commit to the monthly mentorship requirements for a minimum of 3 months
- Prepare to complete a mandatory Business Training program
- Not currently participating in any other self-employment or entrepreneurship training or financing programs offered by government funded organizations
- Have not received other government funding
- Can demonstrate 25% cash or equivalent commitment to the business
- Complete the registration form and submit it by July 31, 2019
- Complete the Eligibility Application
- If eligible, you will be invited to attend an information session
- Attend 5 training sessions
- Submit your complete business plan and your cash flow forecast
- Submit all the required documents, including program Application and Agreement